Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back to blogging!

It's long time since I have written my last entry. To be precise, 2 years, 2 months, 10 days :) . I wrote my first entry one year after joining NITW. Now it's time to leave NITW. It has been a long busy four years. The college life taught me a lot of new things, some that are good and some others that I wish I didn't know. A lot has happened since the last post, such as, did internships at Kalkitech-Aluva, CDAC-Pune and finally placement at Microsoft-Hyderabad. These happened between my semesters, i.e., during summer vacations. A lot had happened while at the institute too, such mass-bunking mid-lab-exam, the traumatizing days of *R's reigns, ousting of our long-reigning director and followed by subsequent internal politics, and finally but not the least the start of 'Telangana' movement, or rather the restart. I'll fill on these issues one by one, based on the availability of time & my mood.

Have you observed that recently a wave of revolts are going against dictators and long-term corrupted rulers in democratic countries like Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Syria, Jordan and Bahrain. The news articles say that they are all inspired by the revolts in Tunisia, Algeria and Egypt. But I think the Egyptians, the Algerians and the Tunisian were inspired by the movement led by NITWians against their corrupted director. They realized how successfully we were able to throw him out, I don't think even a political party could have done it so successfully. Well, we shall be sung in the folklore of the Egyptian and Tunisians in the years to come :D.

No comments: